681 Punggol Drive, Singapore 820681
Oasis Terraces Singapore
Oasis Terraces Project
Oasis Terraces is a project that was developed by the Housing & Development Board (HDB) together with the Ministry of Health (MOH) as their joint stakeholder.
It is built to provide the HDB’s inhabitants in Punggol’s main public amenities. It’s a 27,000 square meters center that has retails, health, and communal facilities. Its expansive sloping green space allows the light and air to penetrate through the buildings.
In 2015, Oasis Terraces was actually awarded the World Architecture Festival’s Future Projects Award in the Mixed-Use category.
It’s a new generation of community centers to serve the public housing neighborhoods developed by the Housing and Development Board of Singapore. It has shopping stores, communal facilities, and a government polyclinic.
Reasons Why It's An Excellent Development
It is a neighborhood center and polyclinic located in 681 Punggol Drive, Singapore, just next to Oasis LRT Station
Each elevation part of the building that you see is covered with lush plating. The veranda spaces wrap around the polyclinic and restaurants. The plants surrounding the entire mall works as an environmental filter between the interior and exterior spaces. The whole architecture itself is categorized by a sense of openness and lightness which allows daylight and breeze to infuse the building using natural ventilation.
The landscape’s purpose connects and creates an incessant pedestrian walk starting from the adjacent waterway to the roof’s community garden. There is a four-story column-free space on the water’s edge, about 800 sqm serving as a sheltered community plaza.
The design utilized by the Serie Architects is a series of plush garden terraces that slope in the direction of the waterway which is one of the main elements to create communal activities. The plush gardens serve as communal spaces, a natural amphitheater, and a children’s playground.
The overall design is about the consecutive framing of community space along with the garden elements. The plaza located at the heart of the scheme is also framed by the sequence of garden terraces that slopes in the direction of the waterway.
The roof is also heavily landscaped, featuring planting beds for city farming. The gardens in this building is a collective horticultural project wherein residents can come together to plant, enjoy, and maintain them. The gardens help in creating bonds in the community.
5. The View
Overseeing the communal gardens are outdoor areas and rooms for restaurants, communal dining, polyclinic services, and education centers. The mentioned spaces are connected straight to the terraced garden which allows dining activities. The waiting areas of the polyclinic allow you to enjoy the views of the garden terraces and waterways. The large sheltered plaza that’s in front of the waterways creates the vibrant heart for the public.
- Location: Punggol, Singapore
- Year Completed: 2018
- Use for: Commercial/Medical
- Total Area: 27,000 sqm
- Client: Singapore Housing & Development Board
- Executive Architect: Multiply Architects LLP
- Design Architect: Serie Architects
- Mechanical and Electrical Engineering: Bescon Consulting Engineers PTE
- Civil and Structural Engineering: KTP Consultants PTE Ltd.
- Fire Engineering: C2D Solutions PTE Ltd.
- Quantity Surveying: Northcroft Lim Consultants PTE Ltd.
- Façade: Aurecon Singapore PTE Ltd.
- Greenmark: Afogreen Build PTE Ltd.
- Landscape: WNE Integrated Design PTE Ltd.
- ABC: Netatech PTE Ltd.
- Acoustic and Audio Visual: Alpha Acoustics Engineering PTE Ltd.
- Interior Design: Multiply Interiors PTE Ltd.
- Lighting: Light Cibles PTE Ltd.
- Medical Planning: DP Healthcare PTE Ltd.
- Project Management: SIPM Consultants PTE Ltd.
- Main Contractor: Rich Construction Company PTE Ltd.
- Instrumentation Contractor: Geo Application Engineers
- Piling Contractor: Keat Seng Piling PTE Ltd.
- Photography: Hufton + Crow
Punggol Polyclinic opened last November 24, 2017, and it is the 19th polyclinic in Singapore which is also 10th under the SingHealth group. Aside from the outpatient medical care that it provides, it also offers X-ray, podiatry services, physiotherapy, and women health services including screening for breast and cervical cancer. It also is Singapore’s first to have an automated pharmacy and to pilot and aftercare program intended for new mothers that have gestational diabetes mellitus.
The polyclinic heavily features automation. The outpatient pharmacy automation system of the polyclinic uses robot technology wherein workflow efficiency and medication safety are improved. Once the doctor has indicated the patient’s needed medication, the system will then dispense, prepare, and have them packaged accordingly. The medication will be given then to the patient once the last round of verification by the pharmacist in done.
Lockers are also provided so that residents can collect their medication at any time of that day.
Attractions Near The Mall
Here some awesome attractions that are near to Oasis Terraces.
- Eyecare 24/7
- Crystal Jade Dim Sum Epitex Ximenjie
- Taste of Taiwan
- Eye Gallery
- Aquapetz Kulture
- QQ Soya Bean
- Color Palette
- Dreams Collage
- Chiksoo Korean Kitchen
- Tiny Heart Cottage
- Kinghub Mobile
- Tay Junction
- Ximi Vogue
- Heguru Education Centre
- The Seafood Market Place by Song Fish
- Summer Tidbits House
- PlayFACTO School
11 Restaurants You Don't Want to Miss!
Oases Terraces, there are awesome restaurants that people will surely enjoy. Below is a list that you can check out:
- King of Hotpot – #04-02/03
- Tampopo – #02-24/25
- Swee Heng 1989 – #B1-04
- Encik Tan – #01-39
- Starbucks Coffee – #02-35
- Nam Kee Pau – #B1-16
- Maki-San Japanese Restaurant – #01-08
- Crystal Jade GO – #02-36
- Rise & Grind Coffee Co. – #01-06
- Saizeriya – #03-07/08
- R&B Tea – #B1-03
History of Punggol
Punggol is also spelled as Ponggol, a planning area and a new town located in Tanjong Punggol peninsula of the Singapore’s North-East Region. Punggol or Ponggol means in Malay as the “hurling sticks at the branches of fruit trees to bring them down to the ground,” or it also refers to a place where produce and fruits are being presented wholesale and carried away. Because of these names, it means that Punggol was a district of fruit growing. The location is said to take its name from the Sungei Ponggol River.
Ponggol also denotes “a stump of a tree” or “a high stump”. The words Ponggol or Punggol is known to be Malay.
Because of Punggol’s urban development, it has been accelerated with better transportation options. Tampines Expressway (TPE) connects Punggol New Town up with the expressway network of Singapore. Kallang-Paya Lebar Expressway was completely opened last September 2008, providing a direct route to the city area by TPE.
Here is a list of commercial facilities in Punggol:
- Punggol Plaza – it is strategically situated in Coral Edge LRT station and it is the first shopping mall located in Punggol New Town that opened in September 2004. It’s a place for residents can fulfill their marketing needs. It has an NTUC FairPrice supermarket on its third floor and foodcourt by Koufu on its ground floor. Since September 2004, free shuttle services have been provided between Punggol Plaza and Sengkang New Town.
- Waterway Point – it is situated just beside Punggol Waterway and Punggol MRT/LRT station, and it is Punggol New Town’s largest mall. People can learn more about the heritage of Punggol because it is integrated with a town square that serves as an avenue in holding exhibitions and civic as well as community events. It also features the largest and first underground suburban Cineplex in Singapore. It was officially opened in April 2016.
- Oases Terraces – it is next to Oasis LRT station. It houses the Punggol Polyclinic that opened on November 24, 2017.
Here is a list of the different recreational activities in Punggol:
- Punggol Waterway Park – it is a riverine park situated just along the Punggol Waterway and it opened last October 23, 2011. It has been designed with 4 different themes to cater to people of all ages, especially to the nearby residents. It’s a good place where they can also enjoy leisure activities like cycling and jogging.
- SAFRA Punggol Clubhouse – it is beside Sam Kee LRT station on Punggol LRT West Loop near the Punggol Waterway Park. It is a five-story clubhouse recreational facility. It mainly caters to NS men as well as their families. It has an indoor water playground and a large childcare center that’s eco-theme. It officially opened on April 24, 2016, its clubhouse has 10 F&B outlets like themed restaurants, quick-service outlets, and alfresco dining. Amenities such as the bowling alley, gym, and karaoke outlet are included as well.
- Punggol Regional Sports Centre – It is expected to open in 2021 mentioned in Vision 2030.
- Punggol Town Hub – it will be a combined community facility like Our Tampines Hub. It is projected to be completed in 2021. It has a Community Club, Punggol Regional Library, and a new Hawker Centre.
Here is a list of religious institutions that can be found in Punggol:
- Masjid Al Islah – it can be found in the densely populated area of Punggol New Town, Punggol Field. The mosques are for the Muslim community.
- Church of the Transfiguration – the latest Catholic Church and is expected to be one of the largest parishes that will be built in Singapore that could cater to 15,000 Catholics.
- Fo Guang Shan (Singapore) – it opened in October 2007 and situated in Punggol Place. The temple has the main shrine hall, hall for sutra manuscripts, a dining room, multi-purpose classrooms, a columbarium, a car park, an open-air terrace, a teahouse as well as other modern facilities.
- Sheng Jia Temple – it is situated along Tebing Lane. Its main deity is the Monkey God, holding a long history for more than 40 years. Every year, the temple conducts an annual prayer. All of their temple workers work on a free-will basis and voluntarily.
For the different educational institutions near Punggol are as follows:
- International school:
– Global Indian International School
- Tertiary institutions:
– Singapore Institute of Technology (under development).
- Secondary schools
– Greendale Secondary School opened in January 2006. Punggol Secondary School opened last 2000.
– Edgefield Secondary School opened last 2011.
– Yusof Ishak Secondary School presently situated at Bukit Batok until 2020.
- Primary schools
– Edgefield Primary School initially opened in January 2001 but was not able to attract adequate students to make one class. It opened last January 2002.
– Mee Toh School moved from Race Course Road to Punggol New Town last January 2006.
– Greendale Primary School was one of the six new primary schools built in new housing estates and towns so that it can cater to smaller class sizes.
– Northshore Primary School will open in 2020.
– Horizon Primary School opened last 2010.
– Oasis Primary School opened last 2016 together with Waterway Primary Schools and Punggol Cove
– Punggol Cove Primary School opened last 2016 together with Oasis and Waterway Primary Schools.
– Punggol Green Primary School opened last 2013 to function for the Punggol West community. It is situated in 98 Punggol Walk, next to Punggol Ripples and Punggol Sapphire.
– Punggol View Primary School – opened last 2013 and operates as a single-session school to commit more time and space for holistic education.
– Waterway Primary School opened last 2016 together with Oasis and Punggol Cove Primary Schools.
– Valour Primary School will open in 2020.
How to Get Here?
You can get to Oasis Terraces either by bus, light rail, or underground. The routes that you need to remember are as follows:
- Bus: 386, 39, 50, 858, 969
- Underground: NORTH EAST LINE
- Light rail: PUNGGOL EAST LRT
Bus Stations Near Oasis Terraces Shopping Centre
Punggol Dr – Oasis Stn Exit B/Blk 617d (65311) is a 3-minute walk.
- Bus – 50 – Bishan Int ↔ Punggol Temp Int.
- Bus – 386 – Punggol Temp Int ↺ Punggol East.
- Bus – 569 – Punggol Dr (Kadaloor Stn) → Nicoll Highway (Opp Suntec City).
- Bus – 591 – [AM]: Anson Rd (Intl Plaza) [PM]: Punggol Dr (Kadaloor Stn).
- Bus – 593 – [AM]: Changi Sth Ave 2 (DBS Asia Hub) [PM]: Punggol Way (Soo Teck Stn).
Edgedale Plains – Blk 682a (65371) is an 8-minute walk.
- Bus – 27 – Hougang Ctrl Int ↺ Changi Airport.
- Bus – 34 – Punggol Temp Int ↺ Changi Airport.
- Bus – 39 – Tampines Concourse Int ↔ Yishun Int.
- Bus – 88 – Toa Payoh Int ↔ Pasir Ris Int.
- Bus – 89 – Hougang Ctrl Int ↺ Changi Airfreight Ctr.
TPE – Bef Punggol Rd (65191) is a 26 min walk.
- Bus – 969A Tampines Int → Yishun Ave 2 (Yishun Stn).
- Bus – 118B Simei Ave (Opp ITE Coll East Adm Blk) → TPE (Bef Punggol Rd).
Oasis Terraces Directory
If you plan on going there, here is a directory of the different shops, restaurants, etc. that you should know:
NTUC FairPrice (B1-01)
R&B Tea Singapore (B1-03)
SWEE HENG 1989 Classic (B1-04)
Hockhua Tonic Singapore 福華補品 (B1-08)
Summer Tidbits House (B1-09)
QQ Soyabean from Old Airport Road (B1-13)
Tastes of Taiwan (B1-15)
1A Crispy Puffs (B1-16)
Eastern Rice Dumpling (B1-18)
Parkway Shenton Medical Clinic (01-01)
Rise & Grind Coffee Co (01-06)
Tendon Go! (01-14)
Lau Wang Claypot Delights (01-15)
Anytime Fitness Punggol Oasis (01-16)
Eyecare 24/7 (01-18)
Kinghub Mobile (01-19)
Guardian Singapore (01-22-25)
Venus Beauty (01-26/27)
Myeongdong Hair Studio Korean Inspired Salon 명동 (01-28)
Kcuts 10분헤어컷 (01-29)
Penang Kitchen (01-40/41)
Chateraise Singapore (02-11)
Shimmer & Shine (02-14)
Dreams Collage (02-34)
Starbucks Singapore (02-35)
Dim Sum Inc by Crystal Jade Singapore (02-36)
Ximi Vogue (03-01)
Epitex Home Linen Gallery (03-05)
Tiny Heart Cottage (03-06)
My Gym Children’s Fitness (03-02, 03, 04)
All Smiles Dental Care Punggol (03-10)
Popular Bookstore (03-15/16)
Eye Gallery (03-17)
Gourmet Paradise by Koufu (04-01)
Heguru Singapore (by Heguru Education Centre) (04-04)
Xpress Foot Wellness (04-09)
Dancepointe Academy Singapore (05-05)
Color Palette (05-06)
PlayFACTO School (05-12)